Tuesday 12 June 2007

Up Up and Away...

So this week sees the beginning of the next chapter of my life...I have at long last made my move over the Dartford bridge to the sunny planes of Essex.

It has been a really strange 5 days because within that space of time I have left my job, seen Matthew play at th'Albert Hall, packed up my stuff, moved out, moved in with my good and lovely friends Laura and Jon and...phew...started a new job. ALL WITHIN 5 DAYS!!! My reaction to all these different events have not been pretty and have varied between 2 different mediums which include crying at anything that people say to me or running off to the toilet because I feel like I am going to throw up.

It all seems so overwhelming to me and I am not sure really whether I am coming going. This is the first time I have moved out of South London, in fact it is the first time I have properly moved out of all my comfort zones, it is the first time if 2 years that I have been near Matthew, it is the first time that I have ever undertaken intensive work with very vulnerable young people, etc, etc, etc.

To be honest I am scared. I can't remember being this scared about life for a long time...I know that this is the right thing for me to do, I know that I will be fine in the very near future and I know that the amount of support and love I have from my friends and family will help when I do feel like chucking...but for now life scary.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww, lovely Chell, have no anxiety.

xxx

Andy said...

Surely change is something we generally don't embrace anyway? But it'll all be fine, everyone's rooting for you!

Unknown said...

precious chelly, you are not just going to do this, you are doing this. proud of you mate and know what those feelings are. fear and excitment are made up of 99% of the same feelings. love you x

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.

Andy said...

Actually, scrap what I said. Rodrigo's right...

Anita said...

You'll look back on all this one day and wonder why you were so scared - like the day you give birth, that's scary. Just take every day in, don't miss the little things - and enjoy - sounds like you have an extended family all around you.