Sunday 13 May 2007

What's your thing?

Recently I have been thinking loads about my future and what I would like to see happen in it...I know at this point some of you may say 'but you don't plan your future Chell, that's left to God', which is cool but I do think that God has given me a mind that can think about the things I love doing and I wouldn't be surprised at all if God has created a future that involves most of the things that I love. This does beg the question though...what do I love to do? What are my passions? I guess I could also ask what is my ministry? What do I care most about?

This is my little journey of thinking I have been on...
...I love being around people
...I love working with young people especially within the 16-19 age group
...I specifically love working with vulnerable young people
...Even more specific than that I love working with homeless young people and young parents/young parents to be.

I believe that God has laid this group of young people on my heart and in my life in order to attempt to (often very badly attempt to) show them the meaning of love...that is my thing! I think that most people have a 'thing' and I am constantly challenged and in awe about what people's 'things' are but also saddened that often I can be friends with someone and never know anything about their 'thing', maybe this is because we are scared to talk about what we love or are good at just in case we come across as arrogant. Well today I am putting an end to all! I have been vulnerable in telling you my thoughts so now I only have one thing left to ask...

What's your thing?

6 comments:

The Cook House said...

Hey Chell, It's old lady Mel here...fellow bridesmaid to the glorious Jane.
Nice to read all about you.
You need to persuade that old Auntie to blog so we can find out all about her life in the south.
Big love
Mel

Chell said...

HELLO FELLOW BRIDESMAID!!!!It's really good to hear from you and it was great to see Matilda at ROOTS...my hasn't she changed! I will try and get Jane to write a blog...maybe you can use it to give her some useful tips on how to be as glam a bridesmaid as your were!

dave wiggins said...

my thing is mentoring younger people

Unknown said...

me too.

Anonymous said...

My thing is prostitutes of both sex's

Anonymous said...

helping them to feel loved - the last comment looks a bit dodgy without explanation for those who don't know me!!!