Monday 30 April 2007

Roland and Joan....

Meet my Mum and Dad...



...they are exactly how they look in this picture (only Joan is slightly smaller thank she looks here)..they are fun loving, smiley, 'love everyone' kind of people. They have an amazing gift of hospitality which has been a blessing to so many who have not had a family around to give them Sunday lunch, a place to say for a couple of months, a cup of tea here and there. They take joy in seeing other people satisfied and gain energy and joy from just hanging around with us 'young one's. If anyone has ever had the pleasure of meeting them then I am sure they would join me in thanking them for everything they do for people. I have learned so much off my Mum and Dad about how to treat people, how to provide comfort for people (not just in practical ways) and how to always be available to help no matter what the cost. I have witnessed so many people over the years pick up the phone for a chat with my Mum and Dad simply because they want to be cheered up, turn up our doorstep knowing that there is a cup of tea and a listening ear on the other side of the door and many have adopted them as their surrogate parents because they feel so loved by them. My Mum and Dad are the type of people you want at a party no matter what the age group is because they are so fun loving and add so much to any group they are in. I cannot say enough how much I love them and I cannot believe that in a world where so many people grow up without a family I have been so blessed with such an amazing set of people who directly influence my life.

Mum and Dad have touched so many lives and continue to do so. I am so chuffed to have them as my parents and my friends and I just want to say thank you for doing such an awesome job in this world.

11 comments:

Matt Leeder said...

Well written Chellber - I agree totally. Can't wait to get me some parents-in-law as good as Joan and Ro (and their beautiful daughter of course) Roll on December! :-D

Anonymous said...

Awesome Post Chell. I Feel like there could be an entire blog about the people your parents have helped out. I literally wouldn't be where I am without them.

Will said...

Here Here! I couldn't agree more - Joan really is very short.

Andy said...

They are bloomin' cool...

And they are the purveyors of one tasty burger...

Anita said...

Your parents are how most of us Christians would love to be. They looked after my brothers when none of us were about, they are true stars!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Great having parents like that eh? got some of that species myself!!
What did you delete from my blog???

Chell said...

Sorry Estelle - I wrote a comment on your blog, published it and noticed loads of spelling mistakes. I decided that denial was better than the shame of looking grammatically incorrect!!!!

Good to hear from you - are you at Roots? We need to chat about a certain hen night!!!

Anonymous said...

yes and I have a few ideas-including food stuff!

yojot said...

Just wanted to add my hear hear. Your parents do indeed rock though I haven't seen either of them for about a billion years. Give them my love next time you speak to them.
Jo T x

dave wiggins said...

That there is beautiful. Maybe ill party with them sometime ...

dave wiggins said...
This comment has been removed by the author.