Monday 23 April 2007

My 3rd Blog

So I am getting to a point now where people are reading, commenting, thinking about my blog and so this morning as I was walking to work I was thinking about what to write for my long awaited 3rd blog. The first one was easy as it was an introduction to my blog style (which you can tell because the colour and font are different as I was going through my experimental phase - really don't know how to change it back). The second one was just me writing down a jumbled mass of thoughts and confusion which was on my mind...thanks to everyone who has commented, chatted through this with me, I have some very wise friends! But now I come to this crucial third blog and I know that there is some expectancy about what I am going to say next...

I could talk about my weekend just gone and the young leaders training programme that I went to which was awesome and so inspiring...can you imaging a bunch of young people giving up their precious weekend simply because they are hungry to find out more about their ministry and how to serve best within that...awesome!

I could talk about my friends from Chelmsford (don't feel left out anyone else it is just these people are on my heart at the moment) and how I feel so loved by them all. God has placed some of the most genuine, thoughtful, supportive and hilarious people in my life and I am constantly blown away with how challenged I am by them (and sometime how challenging they are to be around...Glyn and those grapes...grrr).

Maybe I could talk about what God is doing in my life at the moment, moving to Essex to start a new job, move into a new house(another example of how my mates are so supportive-Jon and Laura giving up their spare room for 6 months so that I can stay -wow) a marriage to look forward to, a great Church to dive into.

Or perhaps I should chat about work again and keep you all updated on my struggles, testimonies, beautiful moments and laughs.

TO be honest though all of that doesn't quite seem like it is hitting the spot. In truth the only thing I really think I need write is a question that has been the subject of many a discussion and one which has never quite been answered in a way that has brought enough satisfaction to my life. In fact I would say that whenever I ask this challenging question it is always answered awkwardly and with a guess. I am so sick of people just guessing the answer to this, I am at a point in my life where I need substance! So please for all those thinkers, visionaries, discoverers out there....

How do Maltesers dry?

12 comments:

Ann said...

Hi Chell, The Borrett household have been asking that very same question for years! Hannah and Ed think they are dried on a rolling conveyor belt keeping the Maltesers rolling while the choc dries. Will that do? I don't actually care - just give me a box anytime ! They don't last long.

Think you have a fantastic rest of this year to look forward too....can't wait to meet up and get that wedding prep on the go - so much fun :-)

Anonymous said...

Come on! everyone knows that one. A team of telekinetics stare at a 22x28 foot Steel vat with a large fan at the base and levitate the maltesers inside the vat for 40 seconds. Then pixies grab them and box them.

Liz said...

Oh, I thought they were just born that way - have I missed something?

Matt Leeder said...

Wow, that question really does have a lot of answers... check this out too: http://www.guardian.co.uk/notesandqueries/query/0,,-6315,00.html Lots of pixies getting involved it would seem!

Glyn Harries said...

Why were they wet in the first place?

Anita said...

They are dried by balancing one on one's lips with head tilted back, and blowing profusely, did you not see the advert years ago. However while at a friends, we decided to all try it using the same techique but use the nasel holes - went well, however, their youngest daughter ended up in hospital after trying this with a small bead that then got stuck. WARNING, it really is only for use with Maltesers

Anonymous said...

Good question...as profound, I feel as your statement that Coke is a flavour all in its own right!!

Have a grand week Chelly x

Unknown said...

Well, I don't know really. I like the rolling conveyor belt idea from Anne. More shrugging of the shoulders, I guess. Sorry chum. Love you and your blogging ways x

Unknown said...

But maltesers are lighter than ordinary chocolate! Have you not ever seen maltesers floating around in the air while they dry? Its this lightness that means they are ok to eat! That's what I was always told!!!

dave wiggins said...

I think it's good for the soul to ponder such relevant and important questions Michelle. did you know that they actually put the biscuity stuff inside the chocolate after it dries and not the other way round as it would seem ... true

Glyn Harries said...

Interesting hypothesis Mr Wiggins. I've heard a similar thing is true of Easter eggs. People assume that they are made hollow. In fact, Easter eggs are made completely solid and then hollowed out through the tiniest of holes.

Shawn said...

Good questions about Maltesers! My chocolate question is: Whatever happened to Wispas?