Thursday 19 April 2007

How the mighty fall...

As many of you (well the 5 who look at my blog) will see, I have stated in my little welcome speech that I love everything and am generally happy. Well...today I am not feeling so great. I have had a really tough situation to deal with at work, one that is completely testing my morals, values, teachings. How do people cope with the tension of living as a Christian at work and having spiritual 'truths' that sometimes conflict with the values of work? There are some issues that I think I know my mind about and am confident about but then I am presented with a situation that blows all my 'values' out the water. I know this post won't make any sense to most of you who read it (well all both of you) but i just needed to write my muddled thoughts down.

How do you live as a Christian in a world where there are so many options to take the easy way out?

7 comments:

Matt Leeder said...

Nice oblique second post Chelly. I'm proud of you and your confidentiality agreement!

Shawn said...

It is great to read your blog Chell and to connect with you in this way. I think it is expected that our values are challenged and rocked to the core. Romans 12 comes to mind, not conforming to this world's thinking and being transformed from within. I guess this will be a common occurance. I find that I need to develop my faith to become stronger when facing certain issues, that is how I deal with it! Thanks for your honesty.

Gem's Blog said...

Hey Chell!

Your a blogger now, yeppie! Sorry to hear that you are sad today. Its a tough one, it really is. There is one guy i know and i can just see him ruining his life bad alwasy taking the easy option and never having to face the consequences of his actions becasue he just glazes over the problem. The thing is his problems will never go away until he deals with it himself. I thik thats what it is we can only guide people and show them the truth, its down to their own choice wether or not they follow your advice. Its flippin hard though. I struggle with this at work too.

Hope your ok otherwise and thayou are getting excited about your ding dong!

Love Gem
x

Gem's Blog said...

ps - Obviuosly your 'ding dong' Is your wedding! Just wanted to clear that up!
xx

lucy ar said...

Hi Michelle! Sorry no profound thoughts on your nice honest post, I am just blown away by the fact that I knew exactly whose blog I had come to without reading one letter by seeing the picture of your feet! WAH! Thats weird eh?!
Nice that your blogging...
I'm back in London and it will be lovely to see you about soon (maybe roots?)
Lucy (used to be Read)

Anonymous said...

hi chell.

just thought i'd say hi! good to see ya this weekend.

sarah

Will said...

I'm sort of pleased that you're being challenged. I find that I get over confident about what I believe and I think that I understand how things work and what is right and wrong. But then from time to time I realise that it's not that simple. And I think we only realise that when we're really engaging with the world. I think I'm just learning that most of the time there are no easy answers (or is that just being lazy?). For what its worth, I think you should try to just be the you that God made you to be, and be honest when you feel something is wrong even if you're not sure about everything. I'm not pretending its easy. You've challenged me to try harder at this too.